Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Streaker

Zane has decided that he doesn't like clothes anymore.

When he's in the house, this is actually somewhat endearing.  I mean, who doesn't think the chunky little booty of a two year old isn't completely adorable?  Especially, when combined with a perfectly round belly, big blue eyes, and a little voice laughing hysterically while yelling, "STWEEEKOOOORRR"!

However, this morning I was teaching my Creative Movement class at the gym.  This class is for 2-4 year olds and I teach them how to hop like frogs, slither like snakes, stand like flamingos and do "The Sprinkler" like Vanilla Ice.  Pretty important stuff.

This morning I had about ten little munchkins (including my own) in class, which is a bit of a challenge in itself, keeping everything moving fast enough and with enough energy and enthusiasm that they stay interested and on-task for 30 minutes.  But, it's what I love to do and I feel it comes naturally to me.  Probably because I am on the same maturity level as the pre-schoolers!

Needless to say, I am used to the typical interruptions such as bonked heads, scratched knees, untied shoes, and unraveled pig tails.  However, I can't say that I've ever had to redirect class because of a naked kid.....until today....and it was my kid....and he screamed and fought and DID NOT want his clothes on....at all....ever.  I had to wrestle him to the ground to force his clothes on, and it wasn't pretty.  He was yelling, "STWEEEKKKOOORR" between sobs like a mini William Wallace from "Braveheart".

It made me mad, broke my heart, and made me giggle all at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my I can only imagine. E-man loves to streak too, but hasn't tried it in public. I love that he yells, "STWEEEKOOOR!" That is adorable. Oh and I wish E-man (and I) could take your class. That sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete