Day 2 of being iced in. Not snowed in. If we were snowed in we could actually build a snowman or something fun like that. We did attempt going sledding on our 2 inches of solid ice. Living in Texas we don't have a sled on hand. So, we used a giant gift bag and a jump rope. It worked for about 4 minutes, but that was really all we could handle being outside with a wind chill of -2 anyway. Here is what I've done to entertain my boys (ages 3 and 2) on these days with no play dates or sandbox fun. Feel free to add your own ideas....as you can see, I really need them!!!
1) Turn off the TV, and turn on some music.
2) Get off the computer and put away the iphone.
3) Do a really complex and time-consuming art project.
Hey, I never said we were a crafty bunch..
4) Make dough shapes. Mix Bisquick and milk until a play-doh like consistency. We can also learn our letters!
It's a good snack...before and after it's cooked. Most prefer it cooked.
Sigh. He's two. He doesn't know the difference between Play-Doh and Bisquick. He thinks everything is tasty.
5) Pretend the crib is a boat and go fishing for green monster arms.
6) Get out old Halloween costumes. Is that Buzz Lightyear's helmet or a dunce cap?
6) When you get tired of all that, you can always just let them run wild. Drink wine so they bug you less. Here, I got in trouble by the hubby because I used a 2002 Private Selection to make Beef Burgundy in the crock pot this morning. Oops. I suppose I should... A) learn my wine better, and B) drink the rest so it doesn't go to waste.
What do you do with your kids on snow days?